|QuickMobile team prepping for a day at IMEX Frankfurt|
What do grocery stores, trade shows and airports have in common? The more shows I go to, the more travel I do, the more it strikes me that there are many common elements to the experiences, which I share my first thoughts below.
- They are all places with a LOT of people, some there by choice, some by necessity.
- Traffic flow has to be thought out ahead of time and managed on a daily, or even hourly basis.
- Music adds more to the experience than announcements.
- The biggest companies get the prime real estate. (do you know the premium for having your product beside a check-out stand?)
- They SHOULD all have wi-fi! (and often don’t)
- They are full of possibilities.
- If you are in an airport you are either going somewhere or meeting someone, both are opening up experiences you may not have otherwise.
- If you are at a trade show you are likely going to see people you know, meet with organizations you are aware of, and find new partners you could work with or new people you can collaborate with.
- If you are in a grocery store, you may be there planning a dinner party or deciding how you will eat this week – will it be white wine and popcorn, a brown rice cleanse or perhaps steak and red wine night?
I really love all of the above experiences. I like the planning , I don’t even mind standing in line and imagining what all the people around me are there for – What are they buying? Did they really think those shoes made sense for this? Why did they come? Is their anticipation of the experience being met?
The next time you are heading out to any of the above… tell me what you look forward to, or what really makes you crazy!