Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I Nominate... #CMP30

I love this initiative from the Convention Industry Council to celebrate CMPs who are making a difference to individuals, and I am so honoured to have been nominated by Mariela McIlwraith. 

When I first started I was finishing my Event Management Diploma and my practicum was led by Claire Smith, CMP who has been such a mentor to me and so many others over the years she has been actively and proactively involved in improving our industry, one day at a time.  She is thoughtful in all she does, kind to all, and never looks back except to learn from what has happened already.  Claire was one of the first to take on sustainability and Vancouver and its Convention Centre today are among the most sustainable in the world.  Her commitment to education and the industry has no boundaries, and I appreciate all she does.

Mariela has evolved her career from thoughtful meeting planner to writer and educator and her strength of mind and strong character continue to inspire me.  She does not have a stop button when it comes to getting things right, and her ethical and straight-forward approach combined with a real commitment to continual improvement are inspiring.

This is simply a good start and I encourage everyone who has been inspired by a CMP to take a few minutes and nominate someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment