Saturday, October 3, 2015

Last Events of Summer 2015

The summer ended with three significant events for me.  After being home for a few days from MPI I headed to Toronto where I was one of the nominees for the Meetings Canada Hall of Fame in the Big Idea Category, and was honoured to join a fantastic group of nominees for a nail-biting (for me) ceremony during IncentiveWorks.  

What was this big idea?  With support from QuickMobile and Sonic Foundry / Mediasite we created a 10-hour Mobile App Certificate which is run as part of the Convention Industry Council's Preferred Partner program.  This program maps the use of mobile apps for meetings back to the CMP domains and shows planners how to truly integrate this now ubiquitous digital tool into the overall meeting design.  I was thrilled to win this category, and the recognition for this small and important program for our industry. In the next few weeks we will see the final results in the magazine.
Drury SummerMash awesomeness

Did I mention the very fabulous Drury SummerMash?   Once again - this was a highlight as they experiment with the latest in experiential awesomeness.

At the end of August I had the opportunity to take my first ever trip to Pittsburgh for the Collinson Media Connect event, and learning more about the Sports Event sector of the industry and delving into the Association mindset was really fun.  As always, a great event from this forward thinking team, a ton of great speakers and friends to see and a city that offered up delicious surprises.  
Fun at Collinson Media Connect

It was also around this time I made the difficult choice to leave the rather fabulous QuickMobile team and join the BC Innovation Council to produce the Inaugural #BCTECH Summit coming to Vancouver in January 2016. Learning more about the fantastic technology that is being developed by uber smart and thoughtful designers, businessmen, solution-seekers, engineers and developers throughout our province is literally blowing my mind.  From wearables designed to save lives, medical technology that allows doctors to get the information they need during surgery without de-gloving, to fantastic applications for forestry, mining, cool VR and AR and so much more is inspiring - and I can't wait to show it off!

Next up is IMEX15 - and I look forward to seeing many of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment