Monday, April 25, 2011

What does your six year old want?

Last week I had the awesome opportunity to go to Vancouver Fashion Week and enjoy the inspired fashions being created here and from designers from around the globe. Of course half the fun is seeing what other people are wearing. My favorite was a gorgeous lady; fabulous, perfect short blond hair falling perfectly, stunning blue eyes, a ready smile and wearing an uber cute outfit, including a tutu. How utterly fabulous I thought, and said so. Her gleeful response was "My inner six year old is so excited when we get to wear the tutu." 
My mom driving the go Kart

How that made me long to do something nice for my inner six year old, the one hiding under my skirts as I go to work and plan how others will play, take time to teach people how to create great environments to engage and play in, take my kids to their sports and play places... I am on some levels failing at my self-proclaimed mission to have more fun this year. I am succeeding beyond my imagination in creating experiences and being able to share my long earned knowledge with peers and colleagues, and sharing amazing experiences and small stolen, unexpected moments (kumquat)... all grown up fun, and I didn't even realize how much I was missing her until the tutu appeared.

Thank you mysterious child woman for the reminder.  What does your inner child long for?

1 comment:

  1. Horsies! My inner 6 year old was reunited with the ponies of her childhood last week.
    I've been in bliss ever since...

    ReplyDelete